Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mailbox: close, but no cigar


So I got myself a Pentax 6mm f1.2 for 14,99 and I'm dying to mount this thing on my Panasonic GH2. Today I got one step closer but there's about one millimeter between me and happiness. One millimeter of metal.

My C-mount to micro 4/3 adapter arrived and it's another ring like they've been showing up regularly here lately. There is a guy who does reviews of adapter rings but the only thing I can say is that it's black metal and fits my camera. But it doesn't fit my Pentax CCTV lens and that's not the adaper's fault. There is something unusual about the design of this lens and so you must modify it.


I need to shave off a millimeter or so off the lens housing but I'm not good at these things. Besides, I don't even have the tools. I need a craftsman with guts. But craftsmen are scarce. Repair is oldfashioned. Try to get your TV repaired and they say it's cheaper to buy. (I know of ONE craftsman: an excellent videocamera repair guy and he is positively nuts. His studio is a terrarium filled with huge chameleons and tropical plants. And two dogs. He only does electronics.)

I need someone with a golden touch and a good set of tools. I know he's out there somewhere. The hunt is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment