Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bike mount

 As you may have noticed, I am an avid bicyclist. I am the proud owner of a 30-speed racing bike. I am not a very technical rider but compensate this with lots of enthusiasm. This morning I biked 60 or so kilometer with a mate and I have explored areas in and around Amsterdam I would have never seen without a bike.
In a few weeks I will ride 100 kilometers in a tour called the Steven Rooks Classic. Steven Rooks was a famous cyclist and this tour will take us to the south of the Netherlands, with lots of slopes. For someone who never rides anything but flat roads, this is going to be one tough cookie to swallow. And when the going gets rough- I want to take out my camera and record it!
I bought this little device to mount my Panasonic TZ7 on my bike. Turns out it doesn't fit my fat tubular steering wheel. So I guess I have to resort to more primitive gear. It doesn't look as good but it does the job. It keeps the camera upright and aimed forward. I hope I can accomplish the same in 2 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment