Tuesday, June 14, 2011

3 million viewers in one year

I've been watching my 10 year old son, who's developed an addiction to Lego Star Wars animations on YouTube over the last few months. To my surprise, he doesn't watch trailers or excerpts from the original Star Wars trilogy but prefers to look at the simple (or sometimes not so simple) Lego figure animations.
I though it was so funny that he was fascinated by all these amateuristic, homemade video's but I soon understood why he liked them so much: because it was part of his experience. He has the same action figures and star ships and can recreate that world. Which he does: hours and hours a day. I encourage him to make stop-motion films or at least make photographs and share his creations with likeminded peers. So he can accomplish what I can only dream of: reach over 3 million 600 thousand of viewers in one single year!

No comments:

Post a Comment