Sunday, June 12, 2011

DIY quickrelease viewfinders

I really like my clone LCD viewfinder. It took a while to figure out a good way to work with it, but ever since I disposed of the metal sticky frame (kept falling off), I was good to go. (With the articulating screen on the GH2, glueing a metal frame on the screen was never an option.) I use it like a jeweler, hanging the loupe around my neck. Whenever I need to check focus or whatever, I stick it on and otherwise its off, out of the way. Especially when you're on the go and want to set up and break down quickly, this is a nice, portable approach. 
Then I saw a DIY video on something I had thought of before but had never seen: using the LCD-protector mounting system to make a 'quickrelease viewfinder'. Great! And for those of us born with two left hands, here's a readymade solution that's not going to break the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment