Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Cost of Carelessness

(PART OF) MY EX1-R BEFORE REASSEMBLY

I just picked up my repaired Sony EX1-R that dropped to the ground a few months ago. Total costs: €630,70 (the equivalent of US $885,-) Parts were €330,-, labor €200,- Fortunately I am insured but unfortunately the first €250,- is at my own risk.
Nico, owner and only employee of Camcorder Service, has done a nice job of putting my camera back together and documented the repair with a series of photographs. If you like to take a look at the inside of an EX1-R, here's your chance:

XLR UNIT: A VERY TIGHT FIT ACCORDING TO NICO...
MICROPHONE UNIT




BEFORE LCD ELECTRONICS ARE INSTALLED

LCD ELECTRONICS-PLATE
OTHER SIDE, WHERE THE LCD 'SITS'
CABLES FOR LCD

LCD BACK IN PLACE

No comments:

Post a Comment