Thursday, September 22, 2011

This is the drill for my 15,- Pentax 6mm 1.2

THE DREMEL: IF THIS DOESN'T WORK, NOTHING WILL...
I cannot get my Pentax 6mm 1.2 c-mount lens to focus on my Panasonic GH2. I am stuck with a fixed focus lens while others have been able to shoot good stuff with this wide-angle, fast lens I bought for €15,-
I am going to give this lens one last shot and bought a Dremel (mini-drill) that will help me modify my lens even further. I have instructions from people that have been succesful at getting infinity focus with comparable lenses... Either I'm going to shoot some lowlight, wide angle stuff pretty soon or I'll be stuck with a handfull of scrapmetal...

PRECISE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MODIFICATION

7 comments:

  1. sorry , I don't get the point...
    could you make another view of this modification??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started yet! The picture above is after I had someone else machine the barrel. He basically ground down the rear barrel of the lens but it didn't have the desired effect.
    Yet another person showed me what I should try next. (red and blue text on photo)
    After I'm done, I will show you if it worked and, if so, how you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please do show us, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did! http://videoproducent.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-of-15-pentax-6mm-12-succes-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mr. Wolf, thank you for the illustration. However the red and blue lettering in your description is hard to read.
    The blue lettering against the black background makes the measurements unreadable. If you can, please list those measurements. thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can click on the image and it will open up in a legible size!

      Delete
  6. Thank you Mr. Wolf. Did you also have to modify the adapter? E

    ReplyDelete