Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mailbox: Neat Video

There are still some things that are magic. They make you look at technology in awe. I had heard people raving about a Final Cut Pro plugin that removes unwanted noise called Neat Video. I never really needed it but now somehow some unwanted grain/noise was introduced to footage I shot recently. I have no idea how or why it showed up but it needed to go... Neat Video took care of business. It is simply magic. And it does it without degrading the image in any way- as if you were shooting RAW. Or, as if you shot it that way in the first place. It's not a cheap plugin but the same goes for your reputation... ;-)
I bought a license for FCP 7 but that works in Motion 5 as well, I have been told. Take a look at this demonstration shot at 10.000 ISO(!) on a hacked Panasonic GH2.

No comments:

Post a Comment