Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wrong bag, great price!

CRUMPLER 7 MILLION DOLLAR WON'T HOLD A SONY PMW-EX1 R
I bought the Crumpler Seven Million Dollar bag and just received it. One of the main reasons for buying it was that it would hold my Sony PMW-EX1R. But it doesn't... And I'm to blame because I didn't read the specs carefully enough.(it's a bit confusing because different sites will give you different specs.)
So now I'm stuck with a bag that won't do what I bought it for. I was going to sell it right away but I really like the look of this bag and it has some features my Crumpler 8000 doesn't have. For one, it's bigger. Secondly, it has more pockets. Thirdly, it has  a few nice other features like loops for hanging a monopod on and the choice not to use velcro (which makes a lot of noise when you may not want that). So I'll probably sell my Messenger Boy 8000 and keep this one.
(yes, Ton, you were right, don't rub it in! ;-)

Oh, and if you want to go ahead an buy this bag, I found it more than $10,- cheaper than the already great price I got at Oribags! 

A NICE FEATURE: TOP CARRYING HANDLE
MESH POCKETS FOR QUICK ACCESS
ATTACH A POD, MONO OR TRI (NO 'I')

2 comments:

  1. Tja knap.... waardeloos. Denk dat je iets moois koopt. Soms is de begeerte groter dan het bezit. Maar als het niet past... das ook vervelend. Ik kan mij wel (soms) aardig bedwingen in de impulsaankopen. Hoewel. vd week maar n reflectiescherm erbij gekocht :)

    Ben benieuwd naar de bestemming vd tas ;)
    Mvg, ton

    ReplyDelete
  2. 't Is een mooie tas, dus ik ben er wel blij mee. Ik denk dat ik de andere Crumpler verkoop- heb ik per slot van rekening maar 3 tientjes voor betaald...

    ReplyDelete